Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Art and Beyond

I wish I was artistic. In a sense I am, I can do art with hair. What I'm talking about is being a true artist with a canvas, paint, and brushes. Hell, even clay or other random objects! I don't have the ability to make such beautiful work. I can draw a bit, some of it comes out decent, but when I try too hard I let myself down, so I try not to have huge expectations of myself. Well, actually I try not to have big expectations in anything I do - which is completely terrible I know, but I'm a major perfectionist and everything has to be done just right and look just right or I won't be satisfied. That's likely the reason I seldom get my hair done. I always get let down and I don't want to offend the person who did it for me, which these days it will be one of my friends, so I say it looks fine, which may not always be the case. I found one person who could do my hair just right and always the way I want it and he's a guy, who never does hair. He only did it as a side project thing. Him and his wife did other jobs to make money. They raised puppies, he built houses, fences, and whatever else, he mowed yards and whatnot. He did all these other things where he could make more money, but still had enough time for me to do my hair on some random day. I'd say he's a jack of all trades. I miss him and his quirky personality, but I will catch up with him again someday. I don't know when that will be, but I'm sure I still have his number somewhere, if not in my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment