Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Jessica Phillips

I just found out today, literally about an hour ago, that a girl I somewhat know, died yesterday. I didn't believe it. A guy in one of my classes today mentioned something about a girl from the Neosho area dying lastnight and I didn't know what he was talking about. So I came home today and I did a little research and I couldn't find anything that said something about a girl. Then I was about to give up searching when I finally stumbled upon an article that mentioned a girl in a wreck. Low and behold, the name was Jessica Phillips, 19. That's her. But then I second guessed myself and thought, no...that could be a different Jessica. It sounds like a common name. I remembered we were friends on Myspace so I decided then to check her page to see when she signed in last and her comments - to see if anything seemed weird. I checked the date, she signed in on the 20th. Seems about right since today is the 22nd. She was always on, so I know she's on everyday. She can't go 2 days and not sign in, thats not right. So I scrolled down and then that was when I knew, there were people saying they couldn't believe what had happened, and it didn't seem right, she couldn't be gone. Everything you could likely imagine. I sat in shock for a brief moment taking it all in. I didn't know what to think. I'd just seen the girl a few months ago in Joplin. She knew me and vice versa. How does something like this happen...I don't understand. She was only 19, her life wasn't supposed to be over yet, it was only just beginning. I guess God had different plans for her. I know she's in a better place now. May God rest her soul.

RIP Jessica Phillips

Shine on in Heaven girl!

1 comment:

  1. I used to work with Jessica. I just found out about this tragedy. She was a wonderful person. Rest in Peace, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete