Saturday, April 18, 2009

Missing Them

I know I've mentioned before that I don't care about my friends I had in high school. Whats done is done and its over with. Well, I've had a change of heart and I've honestly decided that I do in fact miss my friends and peers from high school. Not entirely everyone, but several. I was sitting here thinking about Chelsey, she was my bestfriend from Kindergarten til Senior year. After we graduated we basically stopped hanging out and talking altogether. We went from spending countless hours together hanging out, being typical girls to everything coming to a complete hault. It was almost depressing for awhile and I tried to contact her and stay in reach with her, but I realized our lives were going different directions. Her parents had these heightened expectations of her and mine just wanted me to do what made me happy. Turns out she sort of let them down by transfering from Mizzou to Missouri Southern, but she wanted to be closer to her boyfriend. Whatever though. I figured if she was happier here with him then so be it. But that still didn't change anything. She was back, but I still never saw her. She was always with Casey, her boyfriend. And he pretty much keeps her at bay. Or atleast thats what I got from it. A few months back I saw her and him at Walmart in my hometown of Neosho. It was almost shocking. We hadn't seen eachother in years! During our nearly 30 minute conversation, she mentioned that her and Casey were moving to Fayetteville. I don't know what it is about Fayetteville, but it seems everyone I know is moving there or something. I don't know whats going on. Whats so special about Arkansas anyway? I mean really...

No comments:

Post a Comment