Thursday, April 2, 2009

Problems...Nothing New

I got a phone call today from my mother informing me that I needed to drive down to Neosho to get the Suburban out of a towing place in Joplin. Since the vehicle is in my name I had no choice than to drive down there. Just my luck. Couldn't be on Friday, it just had to be Thursday. Anyway, I arrived to Neosho at 4:15 and we headed up to Joplin. We arrived to the towing place at 4:40-4:45 and it said "closed" on the door. My mom started getting fierce and angry. So she called the guy and told him that I had drove from Springfield today to get the suv out and that I have class tomorrow. God knows I don't wanna drive back up to Springfield for classes and then back down again. That's just ridiculous. So we basically had a 10 minute conversation about what were going to do about this situation. He decided that he was going to call his brother and have him come do it. The guy who owns the place was in Pittsburg, Kansas and he didn't think I was coming today. Hm...right right. After that was settled, we had to go by the atm and get cash since that was the only way we could get the Suburban back. No debit card or check, whatever. So we went and got that. Came back, waited and he finally arrived. My mom got out and walked over to him and I followed her shortly after. The guy stopped dead in his tracks and just stared at me for a few seconds. Kind of an awkward moment. Then as soon as we got inside he proceeded to hit on me. Asking me all sorts of questions, figuring me out pretty much. He's only 27 which isn't too bad I guess. I knew he couldn't be that old by looking at him. To wrap it all up - In the end, he joined my mom and I for dinner and he didn't want me to leave to go home that night. He wanted to hang out for what seemed like forever. Don't get me wrong, he seems like a nice guy, but I have other priorities in my life right now. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment