Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Life and Baseball?

If its one thing I know...its that life throws you curves. And I've truly experienced that. Over the years I've had several, upon several, swing and miss moments. I may even have had a couple home runs, or so I thought they would be. Just when I think I might make it back to home plate, safe...I'm out. So then I walk back to the dug out with my head hung low and I'm covered in dirt. That's how my life pretty much ends up - frequently. When I think things are going great and wonderful, here comes something out of left field and totally screws it all up. It leaves me feeling useless. So then I have to ponder on what went wrong and why. Its a good way to mess up a girls day, I'm telling ya. Its a crazy way to compare my life to baseball, but its so fitting. Most comparisons can work out that way for some reason. For example, I've told guys that having me is like a game of baseball. They can have 3 strikes and then they're out. (Of course depending on what the "strike out" is) they might just get kicked out of the game. Cause a ruckus and "you're 'outta here!" I don't ask for much, in fact I don't ask for anything. I'm not demanding nor do I tell anyone what to do. I'm pretty sure I'd be the best girl ever, but I have yet to find a guy who realizes this and appreciates that. Granted, I'm not going to be walked all over because I know better than that - I've learned over time. I have a backbone and I'm not scared to enforce it. By the way I make it all sound, I'm thinking I should call myself an Umpire...hmm...just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment