Friday, April 10, 2009

Free Drinks

The name "Free Drinks" is enticing isn't it? Well, don't let the title fool you, its definitely not the name of a special they have going on at the bar tonight, its the name of a guy duo I know from high school. They're 25 now and they've been playing acoustic shows together around the Joplin area as of late apparently. They are pretty good. When I first heard of them through Danny, I got deceived and I thought, what! Free drinks?! Count me in, but to no avail he meant the group. So I felt dumb after that. Either way, I did have a couple drinks and I didn't have to pay for them either, Danny did. So in a sense I did get, "free drinks", but not so free, for him. Anyway, they played quite a few songs tonight and it was entertaining, I will give them that. Brent even remembered me. I didn't know if he would or not. I kept getting that, "I know you" stare until finally he said, "I know you". And I told him yes. Then he stared a bit longer and finally said, "Kayla?" Yep, indeed you are correct. Apparently he doesn't remember names well, he can remember faces, but not names. I don't know how I lucked out being I've only hung out with him a couple times ever in my life. I guess I just have that much of an impact. Only kidding. I have an unforgettable face I'm coming to realize. And it kind of freaks me out sometimes. Places I go to I always get remembered. I never thought I was that different? I guess I am. I'm not really sure, but either way its sort of cool I suppose. Perhaps I will see one of their shows again...and actually buy a shirt this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment