Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Variation in Music

I have a new appreciation in most music lately. I'm not so strictly rock, metal, and heavy stuff anymore. I've broadened my horizons, if you will. Lately I have gotten into Rihanna, Beyonce, and Katy Perry. So strange for me, I haven't been one to listen to chick music in years! However, I've always been into acoustic and really mellow musical tastes, but as of late I've truly embraced it. I think it has something to do with a certain boy because he plays guitar. Hell he has 3 different ones! But he can sing and play guitar and thats so wonderful to me. I sat and listened to him play two nights in a row, even sat there while he recorded with his friend the first night. I actually enjoyed it to be honest. At first I was afraid I was going to get bored, but just listening to him and watching him made it worth while. Now, I'm not trying to sound creepy, but I'm honestly proud of him. He writes his own music and everything. He's become a really great guy and I'm so glad I know him. The second day I was with him he was editing his recordings and he asked for my help in choosing beats to go behind the guitar. I thought a piano would be a nice addition and he in fact choose the piano to add. I actually felt like he wanted my opinion on what I thought sounded good. It made me feel good and useful. With background instruments or without, he's an amazing artist and no matter what he does or says he will always be successful in my eyes. Could I possibly boast about him more? Geez. Its like I'm in love with the guy or something...hmm, maybe I am?? Wondering minds will be left to ponder...

No comments:

Post a Comment