Saturday, April 11, 2009

High School Friends and Acquaintances

Lastnight, as I mentioned, I decided to accompany from former good friends of mine in Neosho to a small show of a couple guys I know from high school. They were playing some music at a small place in Joplin and it was pretty good, I've gotta admit. I'd definitely listen to them again. Not only because I know them, but because I truly did thoroughly enjoy the tunes. Need I mention I haven't seen any of these people in years, well except Danny. I saw him a few weeks ago. Either way, its weird trying to get back to where things were. Although, Casey and I just sorta picked up where we left off, kinda crazy. Its kind of like nothing happened. Later around 11 something we decided to go back down to a little bar in downtown Neosho. I'd never been and I always wanted to check it out, so here was my chance, finally. Once I entered, the next thing I know, I look and I see all these people from my high school...whom, I graduated with. Now, I don't visit anyone in Neosho. I've been basically m.i.a. for almost 3 years. Sooo, what I kept hearing was, "KAYLA WELCH! Where have you been?!", "I haven't seen you in years!", "You look exactly the same!", etc. And these people were drunk, go figure. So the questions would repeat of course. I will admit though, it was actually pretty cool seeing them. They've changed a lot, I've changed a lot. I don't drink very often and they all seem to drink a hefty amount these days. It used to be the other way around. Now, I'm not hating on them or anything. We're legal now so its not as risky...unless you go driving of course, but I was the one who drank more often in high school. I got it out of my system then and now I rarely drink. I hate getting drunk and whatnot. Only been drunk 2 maybe 3 times so I can tell you its definitely not my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment